Configuring Analysis Center Users
If using the Enterprise authentication type for the Business Objects integration, each Suite user must be associated with a unique Business Objects user name and password in order to access Analysis Center or run Analysis Center reports from the Reports module.
Additionally for any Business Objects integration (no matter which user authentication method is selected), two new security attributes determine if a user can edit Analysis Center reports and/or access BI Launch Pad from Analysis Center. You can assign security attributes for individual users or groups of users.
To Configure Business Objects User Accounts:
- Create a new user account and associate the user with a person record, or select an existing user account to configure.
- On the New User or Edit User dialog box, type a unique Business Objects user name and password.
These fields are only available if Analysis Center is enabled with the Enterprise user authentication type.
- Click the Validate Business Objects Login Information button to verify the Business Objects user name/password.
To Configure Security Attributes for Analysis Center:
- On the New User or Edit User dialog box, click the Security Attributes tab.
- Set the Allow Analysis Center Editing security attribute to Allow for any user that can edit Analysis Center reports.
If you assign the security attributes to a user who does not have a Business Objects account or access to Business Objects, the user will receive an error from the report server.
- Set the Allow InfoView/BI Launch Pad Access security attribute to Allow for users that can access BI Launch Pad from Analysis Center to create and publish reports.
- Click Save.