The Widgets component of the Suite Manager allows you to customize the items that can appear on a user’s home page in Suite. Within each Suite application, users specify which widgets actually display on the home page.
In programming terms, a widget is a Bean Shell Script (or) Java Class on the Java Server that generally creates XML data and uses a XSL style-sheet to display the XML data.
The default widgets shipped with Suite include the following:
- Alerts – Displays a list of program-generated alerts based on the Rules Engine alerts rules.
- Business Objects Crystal Report – A dashboard-type view of reports that have been run using SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform. The actual report graphics display within the widget on the home page.
- Calendar Appointment Alerts – Displays a list of upcoming calendar appointments assigned to the user. This widget contains user preferences.
- Calendar Task Alerts – Displays a list of upcoming and overdue (incomplete) calendar tasks assigned to the user. This widget contains user preferences.
- Custom Links – Displays a list of Web page links configured by the program administrator. Links can be created or modified by editing the widget in Suite Manager.
- Favorite Reports – Displays a list of reports marked as favorites by the user.
- Idle Matters (eCounsel only) – Displays a list of matters that do not have a progress note dated within the last X days.
- Invoices Awaiting My Approval (eCounsel only) – Displays a list of all invoices that are awaiting approval by the user (based on the Invoice Routing task configured in the Scheduler component). This widget contains parameters that can be modified in Suite Manager.
- Lobby – A list of notices that may require action within eCounsel/Secretariat. For example, a Service of Process notice may trigger the need to create a new matter. The Lobby provides an area where each new notice appears to prompt the user to review the information and take action if needed.
- Most Recently Accessed Entities (Secretariat only) – Displays a list of the most recently accessed entity records for the user.
- Most Recently Accessed Matters (eCounsel only) – Displays a list of the most recently accessed matter records for the user.
- Most Recently Accessed People (Secretariat only) – Displays a list of the most recently accessed people records for the user.
- Most Recently Accessed People/Entities (eCounsel only) – Displays a list of the most recently accessed people/entity records for the user.
- Newly Assigned Matters (eCounsel only) – Displays a list of matters for each user marked to be notified when the matter was created.
- Performance – Provides data regarding program performance and system information.
- User Status (Administrators only) – Displays active and inactive users with last login application and date/time. Allows administrators to generate an e-mail to the selected users.