Assigning a Default User Profile
A user ID record in the Suite is comprised of several attributes (in addition to name and password). These include:
- View profiles
- Logical group(s) (if applicable)
- Worldview site(s) (if applicable)
- Authorized applications
- Security attributes
After assigning the default user profile, the user ID record is generated when a new user logs in and has been validated as a member of the access group. The user name, login name, and password will be retrieved from the user’s LDAP record. The system administrator can later adjust the new user ID record as needed, including linking the user ID to a record in the People module through the Associated Person field, if appropriate.
To Assign a Default LDAP User Profile:
- Open Suite Manager.
- Create a user profile with a name that will distinguish the record as a template (such as LDAP Profile). Add the user to a group, assign the group to the appropriate view profile(s), and configure security attributes. If appropriate assign logical group(s) and WorldView site(s).
- On the Suite Manager control panel, click on the Authentication component in the Security area.
- On the LDAP Integration tab of the Authentication window, select the user created in Step 2 from the Default user profile dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
To Disable Automatic User Generation:
In the Default User Profile area on the LDAP Integration tab of the Authentication window, select <None> from the Default user profile dropdown menu.