Setting Invoice Preferences
In Suite Manager, you can select options that control settings of the invoices.
To Configure Invoices:
- Open Suite Manager.
- On the Suite Manager control panel, click the System Settings component in the System Configuration area.
- On the System Settings window, click the eCounsel tab.
- On the eCounsel tab, click Invoice Settings.
- In Invoice Settings, select the desired options:
- Select the Auto load – Approvers from Matter Players checkbox to indicate that players that have been identified for a matter automatically will be included as approvers for the invoice.
- Select the Auto load – Allocations from Matter Players checkbox to indicate that the invoice approval information for players that have been identified for a matter automatically will be used.
- Select the Auto load – Timekeeper Rates from Matter Players checkbox to indicate that rates for players on matters will be uploaded automatically from the timekeeper's person record. Note that if the rate is changed on the person record, it will not be updated for the player.
- Select the Add checkbox to indicate the selected person can approve the invoice if the invoice has not been approved within the specified number of days.
- Select the Populate with the first and last day of invoice date checkbox to indicate the start and end dates of work billed in the invoice will default to either the month prior to the invoice date or the same month as the invoice date.
- Select the Enable Invoice Logical Group checkbox to activate a logical group for invoicing. This setting restricts invoices from a certain user based on the matters to which the user is associated (i.e., a user cannot view an invoice that is for a matter for which the user does not have logical group access). If the invoice is split between matters and the user has access to one of the matters, the user can view the invoice but not the restricted matter name(s).
Invoices that have a portion allocated to a private matter will display “Restricted Data” in areas that pertain to the private matter. All other matter information will display.
If a user who does not have access to a matter is explicitly assigned to approve an invoice for that matter, the Approver E-mail Notification task will send the user an e-mail from which he/she can access and approve the invoice. However, the invoice will display “Restricted Data” in areas that pertain to the matter.
- Make selections for defaults for new invoices as needed.
- Click Save.