POLICYHUB IMPLEMENTATION CHECKLIST FOR POLICYHUB ADMINISTRATORS
The test version of PolicyHub used during training and testing has been wiped clean. Now you will need to format the database to meet your company’s requirements. This checklist has been designed to guide you through the steps needed to configure your new PolicyHub environment.
Develop and document naming conventions for all areas of the application:
- Develop, and document, naming conventions for all areas of the application, including but not limited to documents, folders, workflows, rules, etc.
- Include why the naming conventions have been developed and their importance.
- This document becomes particularly helpful when there is a change in system administrators.
Items to be configured:
- Roles: Create any new roles that are required for your business and update the role permissions associated with each role. Roles and Permissions Quick Reference Guide.
- Assign Roles and Permissions to Users, if applicable. Note: By default, everyone added to PolicyHub has the role of “User” automatically. Additional roles only need to be applied to Administrators, Reviewers or company-specific roles. Roles and Permissions Quick Reference Guide.
- Recipient Lists: Create standard recipient lists (by Department or Functional Group, workflow requirements, document review requirements, etc.). Recipient Lists Quick Reference Guide. Recipient Lists Tips and Tricks Video.
- Rules: Create a standard set of rules. Rules Quick Reference Guide
- Categories: Create the categories needed for your business. Categories Quick Reference Guide.
- Workflow Designs: If workflow is used from day one, create the standard workflow designs. Workflow Designs Quick Reference Guide.
- Library: Create library folders and assign categories, where applicable. Folders Quick Reference Guide. Maintaining Folders Tips and Tricks Video.
- Document Templates: Create or upload standard document templates, if applicable. Templates Quick Reference Guide.