You can display a list of reports in the right pane as follows:
- By clicking a collection link in the left pane
- By clicking a report folder in the left pane
In the list view, you can sort reports by several default options.
Additionally, you can add graphic representations and tabular reports to a dashboard or home page. See Dashboards and Portal Panes for more information.
Accessing Legacy Reports
To view Legacy Reports:
- Click the Reports tab.
- Click the Legacy Reports button.
The Reports main view opens to the Recently Viewed collection.
- In the left pane, click the Collection or Folder that contains the report that you want to view. The appropriate reports appear in the right pane.
If you do not see any reports listed in the right pane, click the All Reports collection link.
The Reports main view contains the following elements:
- Collections—Contains reports in the named groupings, such as Recently Viewed which contains the last 20 reports that you opened. See Viewing Collections of Records for more information.
- Folders—A view of the report folder hierarchy. See Using Report Folders for more information.
- Chart icon—Displays the type of chart type that is defined for this report. The chart type may be a graphic representation, such as a bar or line chart, or tabular which looks like a spreadsheet.
- Report name—The name of the report. You can click the report name to run a report. See Running Reports for more information.
- Properties icon—Opens the Properties page, which lets you view report information and do limited edits to report parameters.
From the Properties page, you may also click the Edit link to edit the report's properties. See Building Reports for more information.
You may click the Delete button to delete the report entirely.
If the report you want to delete is a "drill-down" report (is linked to other reports), a pop-up warning informs you of this condition and lists the names of the other reports. You may then choose whether to continue with the deletion. If you do continue, the drill-down report is deleted and the links between the drill-down report and the other reports are erased.
You may also run the report from the Properties page, by clicking the Run Report button in that view.
- Edit properties icon—Opens the report in edit mode. See Building Reports for more information.
Additionally, you can view when the report was last run, who last modified the report, and the date when it was modified.
Once you run a report, with the appropriate rights, you can make changes to its properties, change the way it appears, and then run it again. See Running Reports, and Changing the Appearance of a Report for more information.
Sorting Reports in the List View
By making a selection in the Sort By drop-down list, you can sort reports in the right pane in the following ways:
- Recently Viewed—Displays the reports in the Recently Viewed collection. This selection only appears if the Recently Viewed tab is clicked on the report list page.
- Name A-Z—View reports in ascending order.
- Name Z-A—View reports in descending order.
- Last Run Date - Newest to Oldest—View reports with the most recently run at the top of the list.
- Last Run Date - Oldest to Newest—View reports with the oldest date on top.+
Dashboards and Portal Panes
The home page is the first page you see after you log in. Home pages contain specialized sections called portal panes. From portal panes, you can create and access various reports that are of importance to you. Dashboards provide a quick visual representation of the reports.
Reports List Portal Pane
TeamConnect has a standard portal pane for listing reports that contains a drop-down list of report folders. Choose a folder name from that drop-down to see links to the reports that are contained in the folder. Click on a link to execute the report.
Tip: You can set a portal pane to remember a folder name by clicking the Edit icon in the pane's title bar, entering a folder name, and then clicking the Save button. In the future, each time the portal pane is displayed, that folder is automatically selected.
Based on your user group and the home pages defined by your organization, your home page may already contain dashboard portal panes that display specific reports.
For information about dashboards and portal panes, see Home Pages and Portal Panes.
Using Report Folders
Use report folders to organize reports into useful groups. For example, you may want to group all financial reports into one folder, and all Dispute matter reports into another. When you select a folder in the left pane, its contents appear in the right pane. Folders can contain reports and sub-folders.
Folders may be public or private; a public folder can be changed by any user with the appropriate rights, and a private folder can only be changed by the user who created it.
You can create new folders and drag-and-drop reports from the right pane into folders in the left pane. You can also drag-and-drop a folder into a different folder so that it becomes a sub-folder.
Depending on your rights, you can delete any folder except the top-level Reports folder.
To create a new folder:
- Open Legacy Reports.
- Click the parent folder under which you want to create a new folder.
- In the main view, click the New Folder button.
- The folder's General page opens.
- In the Folder Name field, enter a name.
- The Folder Path name is determined by the option you selected in step 2. If you selected the Reports folder name, this field shows Reports; if you selected an existing folder, this field shows the same information as the folder you selected.
- (optional) Enter a Unique Key that identifies this folder and a Description of the contents of this folder.
- Select a save option.
To move reports into folders:
Note: You must have appropriate rights to move reports and you can only move reports to which you have rights.
- Select the folder that contains the reports that you want to move. The contents of the folder appear in the right pane.
- In the right pane, click the appropriate report, and then drag-and-drop it into the appropriate folder in the left pane.
Tip: You can view all reports in the All Reports collection regardless of its current folder.
To move a folder into a different folder:
In the left pane, click and drag a folder into a different folder.
The selected folder, its sub-folders, and all of its Reports are moved.
To delete a report folder:
- Open the properties of the report folder that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button.
The folder and all of its contents are deleted if you have the appropriate rights.
If the folder that you want to delete contains reports to which you do not have access, only the reports that you have rights to are deleted. The folder is not deleted. You cannot delete Reports that are locked for editing.
If the folder that you want to delete contains "drill-down" reports (reports that are linked to other reports), a warning pop-up informs you of this condition and lists the names of the other reports. You may then choose whether to continue with the deletion. If you do continue, the drill-down reports are deleted and the links between the drill-down reports and the other reports are erased.
To set report folder security:
- Follow the steps associated with security for any TeamConnect record, as described in Editing Record Security.
- The field Folder Security allows you to choose whether your security settings apply to this folder only, or to this folder and all subfolders (default value).