When you change multiple tabs/fields for a single type profile, you can make the following adjustments:
- Change the caption (also called a “label”) that appears on the tab.
- Indicate the position of the tab in relation to the other tabs.
Changing the position of the tabs in a module also reorders the summary page for that module (with the exception of the Invoices module).
- Make the tab read-only.
- Hide a tab for a module.
Tab-level customization by type profile can be made using the Modules/Tabs component when changing a single tab/field for multiple type profiles.
To Customize a Tab by Type Profile:
- Create a new type profile or modify an existing profile.
- On the Type Profile dialog box, click in the New Caption cell in the Tabs table and type a new label for each tab that you want to customize.
- Optionally click in the Position cell and type a number to indicate the placement of the tab in the module. For example, entering “2” means the tab appears after the Base Info tab in the list of tabs.
Always leave the Base Info tab of a module in the first position.
- Click on the Read-only checkbox to make information in the tab non-editable.
- Click on the Hidden checkbox to remove the tab from the list of tabs for the matter or entity type records.
- Click Save.
Click the Carry button to propagate the selected setting (enabled/disabled) to all the remaining fields in the column.
- On the Type Profiles window, click Refresh Server to implement the changes immediately.