By default, the User Fields window automatically groups and alphabetically sorts fields by the following: Module Type Tab. This grouping means that the treeview appears hierarchically by module, then within the module, by entity or matter type (corporate-wide fields appear first), then by the tab on which the field will appear). Many different grouping and sorting methods exist for your convenience.
To Change the Grouping and Sorting for User Fields:
- Open Suite Manager.
- On the Suite Manager control panel, click the User Fields component in the System Configuration area.
- On the User Fields window, right-click on the headings for the table and select from the following menu commands:
- Show Field Chooser – Select to open the Field Chooser dialog box to customize the columns that appear in the table.
- Color Coding – Select to display each data type in a different color. All information for the field will be shown in the default color for that data type.
- Default Grouping – Select to return to the default grouping of Module Type Tab. This grouping is how the window will appear when first opened.
- Remove Grouping – Select to remove all grouping from the table. For example, if you select this menu command after first opening the window, all fields will be shown sorted by Module, then Type, then Tab. However, no headings will display. Click on the Description heading to sort the list alphabetically.
- Suspend Grouping – Select to temporarily remove all grouping from the table (a checkmark will appear next to the menu command to designate that the feature is in use). Re-select to regroup data in the last configuration used.
- Hide Filter Row – Select to remove the filter row from the table. By default, the window opens with this menu command selected (a checkmark appears next to the menu command). After showing the filter row, type text and select from the dropdown list to filter by the text. Click the Delete Filter button to remove any criteria.
- Hide Grouping Box – Select to remove the grouping area from the top of the window. By default, the window opens with this menu command selected (a checkmark appears next to the menu command). After showing the grouping box, drag headings from the table onto the area to create additional grouping.
- Collapse All – Select to display the table information by main grouping. For example, using the default grouping, the table will appear with all the module headings collapsed (a plus sign appears next to the grouping heading). This feature is only useful when grouping is being used.
- Expand All – Select to display the table information with all grouping open or expanded (a minus sign appears next to each grouping heading and all user fields are shown). This feature is only useful when grouping is being used.
- Select All – Select to display all fields as selected (highlighted) in the table.
- Invert Selection – Select to display all unselected fields as selected (highlighted), and all selected fields as unselected.
- Sort by Checkbox – Select to sort by a selected field. You also can hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on the header columns to use multiple field sort.