Adding Recovery Information
eCounsel allows you to track recovery or reimbursements of a matter’s costs or settlement/judgments paid to the company by third parties (e.g., insurance companies or co- defendants).
To Add Recovery Information to a Matter:
- Open the Matters module and add a new matter or edit a matter record.
- Open the Recovery tab of the matter’s record, and click the New button.
- Enter the appropriate information directly in the text boxes or select from the dropdown lists.
- Additional information regarding recovery may be entered in the Comments text box.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
No interaction exists between recovery and costs.