A lookup category is a classification, such as entity type or address for a lookup code. Within a lookup category, you can assign subcategories so that the list of values from which to select have child values that may be selected. These subcategories must be located on the same tab as the parent category.
To Create a Lookup Subcategory:
- Create a category that will be attached to a parent category as a subcategory and create codes for that category.
- On the Lookups window, double-click on the category you have selected to be the parent category. (If you do not see the proper information, you may need to right-click and select Refresh Categories after Step 1.)
- On the Lookup Category dialog box, select the lookup category you created in Step 1 as the Subcategory and click Save and Close.
- On the Lookups window, click the Expand button. The relationship between the category and subcategory is displayed in the Category Browser list box.
- To create subcodes to be selected from within a code, right-click on the code in the Codes list box and select Edit.
- On the Lookup Code dialog box, click on the Child Codes tab.
- On the Child Codes tab, select the codes from the subcategory that should appear for the code.
- Click Save.