Select the party's name on the list within a matter to record a payment to and/or from that party to another party.
- Click the button to add a payment.
- Use the drop-down lists to specify if the payment is from the party to your company, or vice versa.
- Enter the payment amount and payment date in the text boxes (you can also click the to select a date).
- Click the toggle to use the amount in the overall matter outcome amount.
- Select the fiscal year from the drop-down and click the radio button () to the left of the correct fiscal quarter.
- Select the currency of the payment from the drop-down list and enter the exchange rate.
- Click Enter Payment.
Once payments have been recorded against a party or entity, the Delete icon is replaced with a Records-on-File icon. Parties and entities with payment histories cannot be deleted from a matter.
Click the button again from the main detail screen to view the total payments recorded against the matter.