You can upload your invoices in the following formats =
- LEDES 1998B - Uploads of LEDES 1998B files. Detailed specifications are in LEDES98B Format Specifications.
- LEDES 1998B - INTERNATIONAL (LEDES98BI V2)—Uploads of LEDES 1998BI V2 files. Detailed specifications are in LEDES98BI V2 Format Specifications.
- LEDES 2000 - Uploads of LEDES 2000 files. Detailed specifications are in LEDES2000 Format.
Note: Before you upload a LEDES XML 2000 file, make sure the file begins with an XML tag, for example <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>. If the file includes a comment before the XML tag, the file does not upload.
- LEDES XML 2.0 - Uploads of LEDES XML 2.0 files. Detailed specifications are in LEDES XML 2.0 Format.
Note: Before you upload a LEDES XML 2.0 file, make sure the file includes a <ledesxmlebilling2.0> element that specifies the XSD file in the header of the file. You may need to change the <ledesxml> element to the <ledesxmlebilling2.0> element. Also for LEDES XML 2.1 file make sure the file includes a <ledesxmlebilling2.1> element that specifies the XSD file in the header of the file.
- LEDES XML 2.1—Uploads of LEDES XML 2.1 files. Detailed specifications are in LEDES XML 2.1 Format.
For more information about LEDES invoices with Non-US taxes (such as VAT), see Create a LEDES 1998B File with Non-US Tax.
For more information about uploading non-standard invoices with LEDES, see How do I upload Credit Notes, Accruals, and Shadow Invoices using LEDES files?.
- For more details about LEDES file format specifications, please visit http://www.LEDES.org . The LEDES committee added a LEDES Education page that might be helpful.
- The Invoice currency that should be associated with these invoices must be defined in your firm's profile (see How do I access or change my firm's profile information?).
- The Invoice discount type that should be associated with these invoices must be defined in your firm's profile (see How do I access or change my firm's profile information?).
- If you try to submit invoices that do not comply with LEDES98B or LEDES 1998B-International formats, Collaborati displays an error with specific details about the problem. You can correct the problems and re-upload your file (see Troubleshooting Uploaded Invoices).
- If your current time and billing system does not support generations of LEDES formatted invoices, you can create invoices in Collaborati and attach a copy of the invoice in an electronic format as a document. See How do I create an invoice in Collaborati? and How do I attach documents to my invoice? for information on completing this task.
- Unfortunately, Mitratech Support does not provide sample LEDES files as we do not provide training on how to create LEDES files.