The Tracker I-9 system will recommend an audit note when specific compliance issues exist (e.g. late signatures, late receipt reverification, incomplete I-9). These recommendations will appear in the System Recommended Audit Note section on the Summary Tab. If the system does not detect a compliance issue, then “No Recommendations” will appear in the System Recommended Audit Note section.
System recommended audit notes will not appear for Historical I-9 records. Advanced users can view, create, edit, and delete audit notes. Intermediate users can view and create audit notes. Basic users can only view audit notes.
- Go to the Summary tab within an I-9 where the system has recommended an audit note.
- Click the button in the System Recommended Audit Note section if you are in the I-9.
- Select the correct Audit Batch from the dropdown list or accept the default selection.
- Select the button that best describes the reason for the compliance issue.
- The Tracker I-9 system will auto-populate the Internal Notes with text that has been configured for your system. The I-9 Manager can add or edit this text as necessary. An Internal Note is required. If “Other” is selected, the I-9 Manager must manually enter an explanation.
- Click the Save button. Note that clicking Cancel will navigate the user back to the Summary tab without making any changes.
- Once a system recommended audit note is saved, it will appear in the View Existing Audit Notes table. Notice that “No Recommendations” now appears since the system does not detect an unacknowledged compliance issue.
- Click the View link in the Action column to display the existing audit note.
- You may edit the audit note and click Save.
- You may delete the audit note by clicking Delete.