For instructions on upgrading to this version, see Upgrading to TeamConnect Business Intelligence 6.2.2
Integration & Installation
For instructions on installation and integration, see the TeamConnect Business Intelligence Integration Guide 6.2.2
Enhancements & Improvements
This section contains a list of feature enhancements and improvements that were released with TCBI 6.2.2.
Enhancement: There is now a toggle that controls whether security is enabled in the TCBI data cube. By default, matter level security is turned OFF. Mitratech Services can now turn matter level security ON / OFF via an SQL script.
Impact: Out of the box, Matter level security defaults to OFF upon upgrade to 6.2.2. This means that anyone viewing a Dashboard will be able to see any Matter listed regardless of their TeamConnect security limitations. It is turned OFF because removing the security results in up to a 2x performance improvement. Best practice is to turn off matter security for analytical reports because it could cause perceived inaccuracies if security restrictions limit a user from seeing all the data and therefore, the complete picture. It is possible for a Report Designer to manage some security concerns when building reports. NOTE: Mitratech strongly suggests toggling security to ON if you are upgrading to 6.2.2 from a previous version. This will ensure any existing reports continue to be secure.
Tracking Code: TC-31505
Additional Details: Details for how to run the script that controls matter security can be found in the 6.2.2 Integration or Upgrade guides in the Client Success Center.
Enhancement: Enable or disable Drill to Anywhere setting. When enabled, anyone can drill into any field. When disabled, the drill down option is turned off. Custom hierarchies can be built that allow drill down to only certain fields.
Impact: The “drill to anywhere” feature can allow users to gain access to sensitive information once security is disabled, as described above. Therefore, disabling this feature and instead designing custom drill hierarchies is highly recommended for customers who have security disabled. For more information, refer to this article on creating custom hierarchies.
Tracking Code: TC-31625
Additional Details: This setting is turned OFF by default and will need to be enabled/disabled by a Services or Hosting team member. Custom Hierarchies will also require support from Services and Hosting. Instructions for using this feature and guidance on methods to manage security on dashboards can be found in the Tutorial for Report Designers.
Enhancement: TeamConnect Administrators can now control what fields are selected to sync to the eCube and made reportable through Sisense based dashboards.
Impact: By controlling which fields do or do not appear in the TCBI ecube, clients can optimize both the field selection process (by only including important fields, thus reducing clutter) and can improve performance of the data synchronization process (for example, eliminating unneeded fields - especially large comment fields - will reduce the load each time the data is synchronized).
Tracking Code: TC-31454
Additional Details: In TeamConnect setup, there was a single setting to determine if a field was reportable. It is now split into two selections - one to determine what goes into the data warehouse for operational reports through native reporting and Business Objects and a second to determine what goes into the eCube for Sisense analytical dashboard reporting. Removing fields like Comments - that are not typically needed for analytical reporting - should optimize performance of the eCube. More details can be found in the 6.2.2 Integration or Upgrade guides in the Client Success Center.
The following known issues exist in TeamConnect Business Intelligence 6.2.2.
Issue: Inconsistent behavior in click-thru on Chrome and Firefox
Impact: There are two issues:
1. The click-thru link in a report will take you to the object - a matter, invoice, contact, etc - but when you click the back button, it will not take you back to the report. In Chrome, you must click the back button twice before it takes you back to the report. In Firefox, it never goes back to the report. You have to go to the Reports tab to get back to your report.
2. If a widget is set up with a click-thru link(s) and you edit one of those scripts, it is not getting saved on Firefox and Chrome. The workaround is to edit the script and refresh the browser without clicking the Apply button.
Tracking Code: TC-32573
Issue: TCBI plugins installer fails to complete when the Sisense administrative password contains ‘+’ and ‘&’ characters
Impact: A Sisense administrative password cannot contain either a ‘+’ or ‘&’ included or the installer will fail. In this scenario, the administrative password needs to be changed with those characters removed and the installer run again.
Tracking Code: TC-32663
Known Issues from previous versions
The following known issues existed in TeamConnect 6.2.1 and 6.2.
- Issue: TeamConnect Business Intelligence session may time out when working in the Reports tab.
Tracking code: TC-21444
- Issue: Due to caching, the "You might be interested in" fields may show older information from the ElasticCube although the actual object has been renamed. removed, or translated from the ElasticCube .
Tracking code: TC-28568
- Issue: TeamConnect Business Intelligence does not support table names exceeding 149 characters, with non-alphanumeric characters are considered 4 characters. Table names are concatenated when they are multi-level so the table name may be smaller than 149, but the concatenation will drive it to a larger size.
Tracking code: TC-27773
- Issue: TeamConnect incorrectly times out when a report designer is working on widgets and reports.
Tracking code: TC-23291
- Issue: If a user restores a dashboard that has not been shared and then creates a new widget under the dashboard, the reporting structure does not display correctly.
Tracking code: TC-27113
- Issue: The values for Ratio Function and Total Average for matters is not correct due to a limitation in Sisense. The ratio is calculated by counting the number of closed matters divided by the number of opened. Sisense counts the number of opened and closed separately but it won't use the result of that calculation for another calculation. Thus, ratio is not doable using the standard, out of-the-box function. The average function behaves inconsistently, in most cases; it includes non-0 values but on certain cases, it excludes non-0 values. For example, if the input are "0,0,2,4,0,0", in most cases the average is (2+4)/6 = 1; however, sometimes the average is (2+4)/2 = 3
Tracking code: TC-30376, Sisense 111406
Issue: Project relation is not reportable at this time. If enabled, the related objects will not have security applied, and it will not join to the actual object in the eCube. TeamConnect Business Intellegence can only display the related project number, project name and relation type regardless of the user's security.
Tracking code: TC-29792
Issue: The Export to Excel function for pivot tables is currently not working. Use Export to CSV instead.
Tracking code: TC-30675
Issue: Dynamically changing a report title with the results of a filter is not possible. For example, if you want the title of a report to dynamically insert an "As of" date, this title change is not possible.
Tracking code: TC-28829
The following known issues existed in TeamConnect 6.1.
- An Elasticube schema sync fails if a Custom object is created in TeamConnect with Unique Code starting with numeric value.
Tracking code: TC-24611
- When a user changes the ElastiCube in the Report Integration tool and clicks Update Report Integration, the system returns an error stating that one or more fields were left blank. If this happens, verify that the integration is shared with the same Sisense administrator you have listed in the Sisense.properties file (part of the Reporting Tool).
Tracking code: TC-18188, TC-18576
- Upon initial setup of the report integration, a client ID and environment is entered. TeamConnect uses this information to create a unique identifier for users on the report server and the information must not be changed after it is saved in the Report Integration Tool.
- In the Report Integration tool, you must re-type any secured fields such as Password or SharedSecret when you are updating an integration.
- Each TeamConnect user with an automatically created Sisense account must have a unique email address per Sisense server. This means that an on-premise client with a single Sisense server cannot have a TEST ElastiCube and a PROD ElastiCube with users with the same email. The second time an email account is used, the user will not be created automatically on the Sisense server.
Tracking code: TC-16847
- Renaming a group with the special characters '#' and '& and then renaming it back to the original name does not delete the group in Sisense with the special characters.
Workaround: Sisense admin can remove the additional group.
Tracking code: TC-19343
- When editing a script for a widget, clicking the Apply button on the Edit Script window does not save the changes made to script. Workaround: After saving the script on the Edit Script window, refresh the page.
Tracking code: TC-15263, Sisense Issue #55178
- If a user is logged into Sisense as an admin, the user must log out or TeamConnect uses that session. The user would recieve a "service not found" error or the dashboard shell appears but the data does not load.
Tracking code: TC-21628
- Users who have been granted the right to Perform other Actions in System Rights are granted Designer reporting rights.
Tracking code: TC-21483, TC-21483
- After the cube name or cube set name has been changed, existing users data security is not applied to the new cube or cube set.
Workaround: Add the users to the data security for the cube manually.
Tracking code: TC-26500
- Only a field that has unique values can be used to identify the proper record on a click through link.
Workaround: When creating a click-through link via scripting on a report, do not have the link appear on values that are non-unique.
Tracking code: TC-25545
- Incorrect links are created on pivot reports because Primary key is added as Value rather than Row during report creation. Because Primary key is a numeric, it is totaled in the report instead of having a separate row.
Workaround: Manually move the Total Contact Primary Key to the "Rows" section to display the column as Contact Primary Key.
Tracking code: TC-25546
- Clicking Edit Script after navigating to Advanced Configuration makes the reporting page freeze.
Workaround: Instead of Advanced Configuration, click the Edit Widget icon and then click Edit Script.
Tracking Code: TC-25544
- The Reports tab landing page does not display when using Microsoft Windows 7 with Internet Explorer Version 11.0.9600.
Workaround: Open Microsoft Windows Settings > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced and select Check Override automatic cookie handling and Check Always allow session cookies.
Tracking code: TC-15105
- If a user opens the Reports tab in TeamConnect in a Google Chrome browser and then opens the Reports tab a new session on the same instance in Microsoft Internet Explorer, if the user tries to access the Reports tab again in Chrome, the login screen appears but returns an Error 404.
Tracking code: TC-14337
- While attempting to open the Reporting tab, certain browser security extensions may cause TeamConnect Business Intelligence to loop, preventing it from loading properly.
Workaround: Disable the extension.
Tracking code: TC-17855
- When a user clicks the Reports tab after viewing a report from the Report List, TeamConnect will display the legacy reports tab with a list of TeamConnect Business Intelligence reports.
Workaround: Click Reports tab again to open the TeamConnect Business Intelligence reporting interface.
Tracking code: TC-19403
- Legacy button disappears from landing page when a dashboard is deleted.
Workaround: Refresh the page or click the Reports tab again.
Tracking code: TC-18802
- When a user tries to share a dashboard with the admin and enters the admin's email into the text box, no option of invitation or auto-suggested list to include the admin appears.
Workaround: After typing the admin's email address, press <Enter> and the dashboard will be shared with the admin.
Tracking code: TC-17894
- The report name does not display on a report embedded in a portal pane.
Workaround: Name the portal pane with the name of the report that you want to display in the portal pane.
Tracking code: TC-18482
- The Reports tab does not work with Safari. Use another browser.
Tracking code: TC-21743
- When a widget's type is change from pivot to table, multiple duplicate entries are displayed in table.
Tips: To resolve duplicate entries, any contact related reports need to be created as pivot tables. In general, try not to create a report with aggregation for pivot type reports; these reports will sum your Identifiers.
Tracking code: TC-25543