Hold conditions provide admins with a measure to ensure that approvals do not go past a given stop if conditions are not met. Used in tandem with universal edit rights for approvers at a stop, hold conditions can also allow an admin to automatically inform users how to resolve the hold and allow workflow users to resolve it themselves. The Approve button will be grayed-out until the condition is resolved.
For more details, see Defining Actions for Approval Rules.
Hold Conditions in Practice
- Navigate to the desired object from TeamConnect by clicking Setup followed by clicking Object Definitions from the Go to... dropdown menu.
- Click the object. Click the Rules tab once it opens.
- Select the preset rule or create a new one. More details on rules can be found here.
- Click the Action tab.
- For Stop-level parameters, users will be able to select a preset condition via the Hold Condition dropdown.
Note: Only conditions on the selected object will be available.
- Write a clear, concise message to direct users what the hold condition is, giving them enough information to resolve the issue themselves.
Note: There is a 2000 character limit.
- Save and close.