The following procedural outlines how to integrate a new Sharepoint Online or iManage DMS connection to your TeamConnect instance. Users will be able to add their credentials, set up the connection, and test the connection by the conclusion of this article.
TeamConnect does allow clients to add other document management systems (including proprietary systems). Currently, the only out-of-the-box integrations are Sharepoint Online and iManage 10.
Step-by-Step DMS Setup
1. Ensure that all users who need to select a DMS have rights to Documents.
2. Ensure that your DMS has a dedicated library for TeamConnect documents. For Sharepoint, users will need to set up metadata fields for TC Created By, TC Modified By and TC Project Name. These can be created as Single Line of Text fields and will house the necessary information communicated from TC to the DMS.
3. Navigate to the Documents tab and select Top Level from the sidebar menu. After Top Level is selected, choose the System and then Integrations folder.
4. Create a new folder and name the folder your desired name for the DMS connection, e.g. "SharepointOnline01". These names must start with an alphanumeric character (no spaces, special characters, etc.). Ensure it is an appropriately descriptive name as the name of this folder will be the name reflected in the drop-downs for the integration throughout TeamConnect.
5. Drag and drop (or insert) the respective iManage or Sharepoint properties and class files. These files can be accessed via Maestro upon installation or upgrade. Upload these files to your folder. iManage integrations require that the httpmime-4.5.3.jar file (found alongside the properties and integration files for iManage) must be dropped into the Top Level » System » Libraries document directory.
6. Navigate to the DMS Connector tool from the Tools menu. Select your newly added DMS. The fields present on this page reflect the information within the properties file uploaded in the previous step. Note: For more information on this screen, please see DMS Connector in the online TeamConnect help.
The URL, TenantID, ClientID, and Thumbprint fields relate to the authentication necessary for a DMS connection. The values for these fields should be obtained from the client Sharepoint Admin or IT Admin. The other fields will largely be populated based on the dedicated library created for TeamConnect documents.
7. Fill out these fields according to your DMS. Select the Default checkbox if desired, and click Add DMS integration to finalize your new DMS connection.
Managing and Tracking between Systems
The TeamConnect DMS Connector provides reliable, consistent tracking of documents so that users can easily search for documents in both TeamConnect and their DMS. Users are also able to track the most recent user to make adjustments to a given document. Users can use copy-paste to move documents between DMSes but cannot 'move' documents between DMSes. Note: DMS Best Practices include making sure that records are designated to a single DMS. Having documents from different DMSes under the same record could increase the risk of errors.