You can configure the following Admin Settings from the General page:
- (For the TeamConnect Designer area only) Working with documents using applets.
- Record locking—Configure the record locking behavior for scenarios where multiple users may try to update the same TeamConnect file.
- WebIntelligence Single sign-on—Allows TeamConnect users to click reports views from TeamConnect without having to enter Business Objects WebIntelligence login information.
A conceptual overview of the settings follows. If you prefer to skip to the procedure for configuring the settings, see Setting Up General Settings.
The Record Locking settings determine how an open record can be updated. Options include:
- Not locking records—Allows multiple users to view a record that is already open, but only the first user who saves the record will have record changes saved.
- Locking records—Prevents other users from updating an open record. Record locking only applies to system objects and custom objects for end-users (see Release Edit Locks Right). record locking does not apply to user or group records.
- Setting a lock time-out—Prevents other users from updating an open record. After the current record owner has been idle for a specified time duration, the record will be unlocked.
In addition, you can enable or disable rights to update the Relations tab of a locked contact or project record.
Optionally, you can assign rights to unlock records from Group rights.
BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Single Sign-on
If your company uses BusinessObjects Web Intelligence to generate reports based on TeamConnect data, you can enable BusinessObjects Web Intelligence single sign-on (BOSS) from TeamConnect. Afterward, when a user tries to view a report from TeamConnect, they do not need to type their WebIntelligence username and password.
Currently, the single sign-on capability can be configured for BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI.
When TeamConnect and Web Intelligence User Names and Passwords Differ
By default, TeamConnect passwords and user names are sent to WebIntelligence for authentication purposes. If the username and password combinations do not match, when the user attempts to run a report, an error page is displayed with several options, one of which is the option to log in to Business Objects manually.
To avoid the manual Web Intelligence login, from Admin Settings, for the General page, select the User's TeamConnect and WebIntelligence username and/or password may be different check-box. Also let the users know they must enter their Web Intelligence login information from the Preferences area, Other Settings page.
Setting up Business Objects WebIntelligence Support
The following is an overview of steps to set up Business Objects WebIntelligence support:
- Deploy and configure the Business Objects Single Sign-on (BOSS) web application. See the BusinessObjects documentation and Business Objects Single Sign-on in the Installation Help for more information.
Note: The BusinessObjects Web Intelligence administrator should configure the single sign-on capability.
- A solution developer must enable user access to Business Objects reports from TeamConnect home pages.
- Configure BusinessObjects Web Intelligence settings from TeamConnect Admin Settings.
- If any user's TeamConnect user and password combination is different from their BusinessObjects Web Intelligence user and password combination, notify users that they need to update their User Preferences, Other Settings page.
Points to Remember
- If you upgrade from Business Objects 5.x or 6.x to Business Objects XI, make sure all WebIntelligence URLs in portal panes are updated accordingly.
- Sessions on the WebIntelligence server are created only when users click the WebIntelligence URLs in their home pages, not during the TeamConnect login.
Setting Up General Settings
The following steps describe how to configure the General page from Admin Settings. Field descriptions are provided in a table below.
After you update and save the General settings page, the changes take effect for users automatically.
To set up General settings
- Select the Admin tab.
- Click the Admin Settings link under the tab bar.
- The General page should display. Otherwise click the General link in the left pane.
- Edit the fields based on descriptions in the Admin Settings - General Page fields table below.
- Click Update.
Admin Settings - General Page Field Descriptions
Field Names and Descriptions
Replace Microsoft Office Special Characters
To enable pasting special characters from Microsoft Office documents, select the check- box.
If the check-box is cleared, field values containing Microsoft office special characters may not display properly in the user interface but the value stored in the database will be accurate.
Note: For existing records containing Microsoft Office special characters in field values, you need to create a script to update values manually.
Replace Microsoft Office Special Characters—Disabled (check-box cleared)
Select one of the following:
If you selected Enable record locking in edit mode, you can type the Idle time limit (minutes), which is the maximum time length after which a record that is locked without any changes saved will become unlocked.
To allow users to update the Relations tab for locked records, check Allow users to update Relations for locked or read- only records.
For more information, see Record Locking.
The following are enabled:
|Business Objects WebIntelligenc e Settings for version XI||
The following descriptions apply if you are using Business Objects XI:
For more information, see BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Single Sign-on.
Enter a numeric value (minutes) after which an inactive user's session will time out. Afterward, the user will need to log in to TeamConnect again.
Note: If your application server has an application session timeout configuration, the TeamConnect Session Timeout value will override the application server timeout setting.
If a user is running both a User application area browser and a Designer application area browser, the Designer browser session starts when the browser is opened. As a result, it is possible for the User browser session to time out before the Designer browser session.
Login URL—Enter the TeamConnect login URL. For example:
(where you need to replace host_name with the IP address or application server name; replace 8001 with the port running the TeamConnect application; replace teamconnect3 with the TeamConnect application name)
Important: If you use the WebDAV feature to associate Document folders with email messages, you must put a valid URL in the Login URL field.
For email notifications, this URL is sent in the body of the email. This field is also required if your company uses HTTPS for the login URL, if you use a proxy server with TeamConnect, or if you use a different application server to log in to TeamConnect.
Note: You must include /login at the end of the URL. It is also recommended to type the public IP address, not the local IP address of the host server.
|Configure the TeamConnect URL in the TeamConnect system settings|