Adding Budget Information
eCounsel allows you to track a matter’s budget information. Budgets can be set at various levels, such as by project or quarterly. They can also be “rolled up” into other budgets, such as tasks into a phase budget, or quarterly into an annual budget.
To Add Budget Information to a Matter:
- Open the Matters module and add a new matter or edit a matter record.
- On the Budget tab of the matter’s record, click the New button.
- Enter the appropriate information in to the fields or select from the dropdown lists.
- Click the button next to the Vendor and Approved By text boxes, then select the appropriate entity or person.
- Click the Active checkbox to designate the information as current. If the Active checkbox is not selected, the budget will be considered historical data.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
The Entered By and Entered Date are populated with the logon name and the system date, respectively.