The following requirements are necessary to generate and work with documents in Suite:
- HotDocs Developer and Microsoft Word must be installed on each user’s computer that will be creating and publishing templates.
- A HotDocs Server must be configured to execute the templates. Mitratech provides a hosted HotDocs Server solution. Contact Mitratech Support for more information.
- A browser is needed to prepare the document in Secretariat and eCounsel.
- Microsoft Word must be installed on each user’s computer that will be viewing the completed documents, which are generated as Rich Text Format (RTF) files.
To Configure HotDocs:
- Contact Mitratech’s Customer Support department to create an account on the hosted HotDocs Server.
- Configure Document Assembly.
- When your HotDocs server account is created, import the templates from the installation media for Secretariat.
- If you have created custom templates and want to use them in Suite, they will need to be published in eCounsel or Secretariat.