If you need assistance with LEDES 1998B - Uploads of LEDES 1998B files, you can refer to the Detailed specifications found on the Collaborati site: LEDES98B Format Specifications.
To Upload a LEDES Invoice:
- To start uploading an invoice In Collaborati as a vendor user, from anywhere in the Collaborati application, select the Invoices tab, then select the Upload Invoices sub-navigation link.
- Indicate what type of invoices you are uploading by selecting ‘Standard’ from the Invoice Type dropdown list.
- Note: Credit Note, Accrual, or Shadow Invoices are currently not supported in Lawtrac.
- Click the Browse button and locate the LEDES invoice file on your computer
- Note: Currently, the only supported LEDES file type is LEDES 1998B.
- Based on your firm's profile setting, the Submit invoices directly to the client without previewing checkbox will already be selected or cleared. Override this setting for this individual upload by selecting or clearing this box.
- Click Upload File. The invoice file is validated for format compliance and stored in the database. You can immediately see if your upload was successful or not in the Recent Activity table. If your invoice file has errors, you can see it in one of the following ways:
- The red error message displays on top of the screen, for example: "Invoice upload file contains invalid format". Most often this would be a formatting error, when the uploaded file is not in the correct format.
- If the File Status column in the Recent Activity table below for that file shows File Error, this means that every invoice in the file had at least one error, so the file cannot be submitted to the client. Click File Error to view error details (see Troubleshooting Uploaded Invoices in Collaborati). After reviewing files with errors, you can remove the file with errors by clicking Delete to the right side of the file name.
- If the File Status in the Recent Activity table below for that file shows Errors, this means that at least one invoice in the file had an error, and some did not. You have a choice of actions at this point:
- You can submit the invoices that did not have errors by clicking the Submit button under the Actions column. After the client receives and processes those invoices, you may want to download, correct, and re-upload the remaining invoices that had errors (see How do I handle files that are Completed, with Errors?).
- You can click on the file name to view error details (see Troubleshooting Uploaded Invoices). After reviewing files with errors, you can remove the file with errors by clicking Delete to the right side of the file name
[OPTIONAL] After the file has been uploaded and processed, click the paperclip icon on the uploaded LEDES invoice file to attach any additional documents to the invoice. Documents must be attached to the invoice before submitting to Lawtrac. Add one or more attachments by clicking the Choose Files buttons for each attachment.
Note: Duplicate files are not accepted. Click the trash can icon to delete uploaded documents.
To attach documents from within an invoice's detail page
- Access invoices from the Invoices tab.
- From within the invoice page, click the Edit Attachments link.
- Click Choose Files.
- Use the Ctrl (Control) button on your keyboard to add multiple files.
- Click the Trash Can icon to delete uploaded documents.
- If the upload was successful, click Submit to submit the invoices to clients.
- Once the invoice is submitted, the invoice status will update to say Waiting for Client to Accept.
Watch this instructional video for further assistance with uploading and configuring LEDES invoices. If you need additional assistance, contact Mitratech Support.