This section provides step-by-step instructions for the five sections associated with manual invoice submission in Collaborati.
Section 1: Header
- From anywhere in the Collaborati application, select the Invoices tab.
- To add an invoice, click Create Invoice.
- The Create Invoice screen opens.
- Complete each section of the invoice.
- Click the Next button to fill in the Line Item information.
Section 2: Add Line Items
Fill in the Line item information in the Line Item screen.
Section 3: Taxes & Discounts
From the Taxes & Discounts page, you can apply additional discounts to an invoice's total amounts or to enter additional discounts against fees or expenses or both.
Invoices with taxes are not currently supported in Lawtrac, and will be auto-rejected at the time of synchronization.
Section 4: Attachments
You can add all types of files as attachments, including word processor or spreadsheet documents, image files, web pages (HTML files), zipped files and more. The total size of all attachments per invoice should not exceed 20 MB. However, the submitted files types must be defined as safe in Lawtrac.
To Add an Attachment:
- Add one or more attachments by clicking the Browse button next to the File boxes for each attachment. If you want to attach more than three files, click on the Add Another File link next to the Attach Files button.
- There is no limit to the number of attachments you can add.
- When you have selected all files you wish to attach, click on the Attach Files button at the bottom of the page.
- You will see the list of your attachments in the table below.
- Click the Done button at the bottom of the page to return to your invoice.
When you are finished attaching files to this invoice, click Next to go to the Preview & Submit screen.
Section 5: Review and Submit
- Review invoice information to make sure there are no omissions.
- If there are errors, click any of the Edit hyperlinks (Edit Line Items, Edit Taxes & Discounts, or Edit Header). You can make any changes to a line item directly from this page as long as the invoice has not been submitted.
- To submit the invoice to the client, click the Submit to Client button.
- A submit confirmation screen appears.
- To save the invoice for later submission, click the Submit Later button.
- Click OK. The invoice is submitted to the client and is searchable in the Track Invoices screen.