Configure IE Browser Settings for e-File
Prior to downloading/configuring the Internet Explorer plug-in for e-File, you'll need to configure your browser with the below steps:
NOTE: Before you begin this process, please make sure you have Internet Explorer 11 installed on your computer.
- To begin, open IE and select the 'Tools' icon in the top right.
- Select 'Internet options'.
- Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
- Click on 'Restore Advanced Settings' and the 'Reset' (you do not need to select 'Delete personal settings').
- Once you've reset, you'll need to select the 'Security' tab and then 'Trusted Sites'.
- Click on 'Sites' and enter the following url's:
- And these, if only filing for India inbound:
- After that has been completed, you'll head back to 'Tools' and 'Internet Options'.
- Select 'Security' and then 'Trusted Sites'. Click on 'Custom Level' and enable:
- 'Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for script'
- 'Only allow approved domains to use ActiveX without prompt'
- 'Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins'
- 'Run antimalware software on ActiveX controls'
- Click on 'Tools' and then 'Internet options'.
- Select the 'Content' tab, 'AutoComplete Settings' and check the 'Forms' option and then click 'OK'.
- Having configured the IE browser, you can go ahead and download and enable the e-File plug-in. You can read more about that here: