- Find the rate request that you need to work on, as described in How do I view rate requests?
- Click on the rate request name.
- new page appears with the details of the rate request. General information about the request is shown: matter name, request date, due date, currency, and status. These fields are not editable.
Note: The due date field does not appear if there are no due dates for this rate request.
- Enter proposed cost estimates for each rate in the editable field named Proposed or New Proposed.
The columns that are displayed vary depending upon the status of the rate request. In all cases there is only one editable amount column, and that is where you enter your current proposed amounts.
- Optionally, enter some notes in the Notes field.
- Optionally, attach documents as described in How do I attach documents to a budget request?
- Click the Save button to save the rate request for later submission.
- Click the Submit to Client button to submit the rate request to the client now.
- submit confirmation screen appears.
- Click OK.
The rate request is submitted to the client.
Note: If a rate freeze exists that covers a new submitted rate, the rate request is automatically rejected and a notification is created in Collaborati.