TeamConnect comes with the following system objects:
- Account—Used to allocate and track various financial transactions.
Appointment—Used to schedule events, engagements, or meetings for a particular purpose, place, and time with specific attendees (users) and resources.
- Contact—Information about people and companies, including rates charged for services, relations to projects and other contacts, and so on. You must create a contact record for a user before you can create their user account.· Appointment—Used to schedule events, engagements, or meetings for a particular purpose, place, and time with specific attendees (users) and resources.
- Contact Group—Allows users to organize contact records in various Designer contact groups, which are called "Address Books" in the end-user interface.
- Document—Allows users to upload and manage files "attached" to records or directly uploaded to TeamConnect's Documents area. Documents are automatically available as a system block in all object views.
You can also upload files used to customize TeamConnect, such as XML and CLASS files used for custom blocks, custom actions, and so on.
- Expense—Allows users to track internal costs of doing business in their organization. Expenses are available as a system block in object views for custom objects.
- Group—Allows administrators to define access rights, home pages, and object views per user group and assign users to one or more groups.
- History—Allows users to make chronological entries and track events associated with a specific record. History is a related object; that is, history records can only exist when related to other records. History is available as a system block in object views.
- Invoice—Allows end users to track invoices or bills sent by vendors who provide their organization with goods or services. Invoices are available as a system block in object views for custom objects.
- Legal Setting—Used to hold settings for TeamConnect Legal Matter Management and the budget settings records after the settings for budgets for specific years.
- Line Item (Invoice)—Allows end users to list the goods or services specified in a vendor invoice. Users must enter the details of each line item, such as the type (fee or expense), price, quantity, and dates in the line items screen of the corresponding invoice. Line items are available as a system block in object views for custom objects.
Some of the object definition properties of Line Item, such as how to customize the display of specific fields, are controlled by System Setting screens. For more information, see Setting up Invoice Line Items.
- Involved—Allows end users to keep track of various involved parties associated with a Project. An Involved record is automatically available as a system Block in Object Views for Custom Objects. This System Object definition is always related to a Custom Object.
- Task—Allows end users to track internal assignments they have to do, usually while working on Projects, for example preparing reports, following up on cases, reviewing documentation, and so on. Tasks are automatically available as a system Block in Object Views for Custom Objects.
- User—An account created for a specific person who uses TeamConnect. Users can be members of Groups, and can have Rights assigned to them or from a group in which they are a member. Each user has their own password to log in to TeamConnect, which is first specified in their user account (accessible by the Administrator only) together with the username and rights.
The corresponding object records are available in the end-user interface—except for user and group account records, which are only available to users with administrative rights.
The Involved object record is available only through the parent custom object records. For details, see Unique Custom Object Types.
You can customize certain properties of system objects, such as their appearance, custom fields, and search views. However, you cannot modify the Group and User administrative system objects.
You cannot delete system object definitions or create new ones--except for Involved whose object definitions can be deleted from their parent custom object definitions.
System objects are represented by their own main tables in TeamConnect's object model, such as TAccount or TTask. The exceptions are User and Group objects, which are represented by the YUser and YGroup tables respectively. For details, see Object Model: Read This First plus the additional reference tables mentioned in that topic.