TAP Fundamentals Training 1:
How to Begin Designing a Workflow
FORM - Creating the intake fields
- Drag fields, name, dropdown, upload, date picker
- Form style and settings
- Name fields & elements / add options
- Required, validated, repository
- Adding sections and moving fields
WORKFLOW - build the business logic to route the form
Roles - A basic feature of a workflow is making sure they go from one person to another
- Options: general
- Requester: predefined role
- Add additional role: specific to dynamic
- Requested user: Particular, pull from AD
- Not registered user: outside user/ partner
- Get user from a form: Validated from email field *note all users need an email
- Selected user: from a drop-down (like a drop-down manager in NDA)
- Group: create a group, dept, triage
- See how this is used for group email
FORM ACCESS- connects what we see from the form to the workflow
- Form Access at each stage
Show - show form element.
Hide - do not show form element.
Show previous result - display the previous result as text.
Show and edit result - display the previous result and allow to edit it.
- Default as hidden
Additional Resources for Success:
Getting started checklist