Document Form Field
The Document form field can be found in the form designer left-hand sidebar. This field allows for customization and setup during the design process and has several features for those completing the form. You can find the feature list below:
- Add style/formatting changes like page breaks, tables, checklists, special characters, and other complex formatting to documents. You can also paste formatting into the document field.
- Add form result values to include text from previously submitted fields (such as contract dates, names, addresses).
- Locked editing
- To enable restricted editing first check the restricted mode box in field properties (right side panel)
- Highlight text and click on the lock icon to enable or disable editing of that text.
Note: If your document is editable you may want to lock form results to prevent loss of form values
- Update Document Fields with contents of other document fields or the contents of a built document using form mapping. This can be triggered with or without a parent value.
- The Document Field Type can be used as a destination field for documents of type .doc or .docx sent to TAP via API.
- Document Field Type content from multiple Document Fields can be merged together using Form Result Values
End-User Form Features
1. Users can collaborate and edit documents at the same time when using the doc field within a collaboration stage.
Note: The document field will show a highlight around it when another user is making updates:
2. Turn on tracked changes to see updates, approve/discard each update or using the dropdown select all.
3. Highlight text and add a comment for collaborative review.
Note: The document field is not available on Internet Explorer. Users who open a form via IE will get an error message that the document will not load.