If shares have been issued with a certificate, the certificate must be canceled before the shares can be re-issued.
To Cancel a Certificate:
- Open the Entities module and edit an entity record.
- In the Entities Edit Mode, click the Securities tab.
- Click the Transaction Ledger tab and open the original transaction.
- Enter the cancelation date in the Certificate Cancel Date field.
- Click Save.
- You are prompted to create a redeem transaction or cancel. Click Create Redeem Transaction to automatically create the redeem transaction or Cancel to exit.
Note: Canceling may cause your share balances to be out of balance, but the current record will be saved.
- After you click Continue, a new transaction is created with fields populated based on the selected record. Add any additional information and click Save.