Why is the Suite tab disabled on the Microsoft ribbon?
If a user tries to connect to a disabled database and then connects to an enabled database, restart the Microsoft application to re-enable the Suite tab.
Documents and Folders
Why isn’t the Matters (or Entities or Invoices) folder appearing in the Mitratech Office Link pane?
- Verify with your administrator that the Mitratech Office Link Outlook Add-in is enabled in Suite Manager because it is required for the Office add-in to function properly.
- Verify with your administrator that the appropriate option is selected in Suite Manager:
- For the Matters folder, at least one of the following options should be selected: Matter Summaries, Progress Notes, Email Drag and Drop (eCounsel)
- For the Entities folder, Email Drag and Drop (Secretariat) should be enabled.
- For the Invoices folder, Invoice Approval should be enabled.
- Verify with your administrator that you have the appropriate permissions for eCounsel or Secretariat.
- The Invoices folder only appears in the Mitratech Office Link Outlook Add-in, so the Invoices folder only appears in Microsoft Outlook. The Invoices folder does not appear in the Mitratech Office Link Office Add-in, so it will not appear in other Microsoft Office products such as Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
Why is a document not appearing in the Mitratech Office Link pane?
If your site has matter documents that do not have a document type, these documents will not be viewable in Office Link since it categorizes all documents by type. Select a document type for each document that is not viewable.
Why can’t I save a document to a matter or entity?
If you cannot save a document or email to a matter:
- Verify that you saving the document in a document type subfolder for the specific matter;
- you cannot save files in the Matter folder or the folder for the specific matter.
- Verify that you have write access to the matter in eCounsel; you cannot attach a file to a
- matter if you have read-only access to that matter.
- Verify that the document type is not read-only.
If you cannot save a document or email in the document type subfolder for an entity:
- Verify that you have write access to the entity in Secretariat; you cannot attach a file to an entity if you have read-only access to that entity.
- Verify that the document type is not read-only.
- Verify that you have not been assigned the Entity Edits - Restricted security attribute. These users are not able to add, update, copy, or delete documents on the Notes/History/Charts tab for an entity, so they are not able to save or drag-and-drop emails and attachments into entities folders. Entity folders are read-only for these users.
Why do the selected folders in the Mitratech Office Link pane have dark blue text with a dark blue background?
This setting is configured in Microsoft Windows. Right-click a blank area of the desktop and select Personalize. In the Personalization window, select the Window Color option near the bottom of the window. In the Window Color and Appearance dialog box, select Selected Items in the Item dropdown list and change the color. Click OK.
Why am I receiving a “This action could not be completed” message when I drag an email from my desktop to a folder in the Mitratech Office Link pane?
If using a file server, verify that the file server in Suite is configured to a valid path.
Appointments and Tasks
Why do I see duplicated appointments and tasks after I have reinstalled the add-in?
If you have uninstalled and re-installed an add-in and users see duplicated appointments on the calendar, delete the .ini file. You will still need to delete the previously synced version of the appointments and task from Outlook. You will know the appointments or tasks are safe to delete because you receive a “Resource not found” message when you try to open them.
Why does Outlook display different dates for all day events in the mouse-over preview and the opened event?
Microsoft Outlook is designed to display dates in this manner.
Why can’t I open an event that I created and shared with Suite?
Check that your email address is entered in Suite is the same email address that you are using in Microsoft Outlook. See “Configuring the Calendar Options” on page 13.
When I am viewing email in Outlook and I click the Refresh button on the ribbon, why aren’t the folders and documents updated?
The Refresh button on the ribbon only updates the calendar appointments and tasks. To refresh the folders and documents, click the Refresh icon on the Mitratech Office Link pane.
Why aren’t the documents in the Outlook Add-in synced?
To refresh the folders and documents in the Mitratech Office Link pane, click the Refresh icon at the top of the pane. The Mitratech Office Link Outlook Add-in only synchronizes the documents when Microsoft Outlook is opened or the add-in is refreshed manually.
Logging In and Logging Out
Why can’t I log out of Mitratech Office Link?
In order to completely log out of Mitratech Office Link, users must log out of all Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) that they have opened during the login session, plus Outlook.
How can I access logs for a user?
Beginning with Office Link 3.1.0, a daily log is created for each user in the following folder:
Logs are retained for 60 days before being deleted.