Prior to upgrading the Bridgeway E-mail Link Server, you may want to notify any users of a disruption in service since the synchronization with the e-mail client will fail until the upgraded Bridgeway E-mail Link Server is restarted.
To Upgrade the Bridgeway E-mail Link Server:
- Install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 1.8.x prior to upgrading Bridgeway E-mail Link.
- Backup the current Bridgeway E-mail Link folder.
- Copy the BridgewayE-mailLink.zip file from the Bridgeway E-mail Link folder on the Suite installation media to a location on the server computer.
- Open the file using a decompression utility such as WinZip or the Microsoft Compressed Folders tool.
- Extract the contents of the compressed file to the installation directory (typically C:\Bridgeway) with the folder structure intact.
- Using Microsoft Windows Explorer, navigate to the wrapper.conf file (located in<Install>\BridgewayE-mailLink\conf, where <Install> is the drive and directory in which the ZIP file was extracted.
- Right-click on the filename, select Open With, then select Notepad (or any text editor).
- Change the value of the wrapper.java.command parameter to the location where the java.exe file is located (typically, C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.x\bin\java for 64-bit operating systems).
- Save changes to the wrapper.conf file.
- Edit the <Install>\BridgewayE-mailLink\conf\imap.xml file using the instructions in “Configuring the Bridgeway E-mail Link Server” on page 9. Because upgrades may include new settings for Bridgeway E-mail Link, do not replace the imap.xml file with the older version, but merge changes into the new file.
- Delete the H2 database (see the "dbURL" parameter in the imap.xml file for the location of the database on your server).
- Start the Bridgeway E-mail Link Server service from Microsoft Window Services Manager.