What are the Hold and Reminder Settings?
These settings allows administrators to select whether:
- the URL to the LegalHold portal is contained in all emails sent to custodians or collectors from LegalHold.
- the custodian email reminder email is sent in the form of an email digest or in individual emails to the custodians who are still active on an active hold.
- each time a custodian is sent a reminder email, his/her response is reset to not responded so that custodians can re-affirm their status on the legal hold.
- silent custodians, hold recipients that never receive notifications about the hold notice, can be included on a hold notice.
- the list of recipients is contained in the CC of the LegalHold email.
- holds can only be created in a matter management system and not in the LegalHold application.
- people can only be created via a manual People Import or the People Import scheduled task.
- legal staff receives a different subject when emailed copies of a hold notice.
- the number of days before a collection is due that the collector will receive a reminder.
- a date format other than mm-dd-yyyy is used.
- what time zone is used for all date/times in the system (including reports).
These options provide flexibility to use the LegalHold system based on your business processes. These global settings apply to all custodians.
Set the Flag for Custodian Reminder Emails
In order to edit this setting, users must be a system administrator or have access to System Settings.
- Log in, click System Settings, then select Hold and Reminder Customizations.
- Select the customization option that best fits your business needs.
- Select Save.
If this option is turned off, custodians will receive individual reminder emails for each hold they are on.
If this option is turned on, custodians will receive a single email that lists all holds they are active on.
This option is turned off by default.
Set the Flag for Resetting Custodian Responses
Access the new setting by selecting System Settings on the LegalHold Home page, and selecting Hold and Reminder Customizations. Toggle Reset Custodian Responses on Schedule to enabled. Each time a reminder email is sent in the form of a digest or individual email, the custodian's response is reset to not responded and the custodian will receive all reminder emails. All history of these changes is captured in the custodian history at the hold level.
Set the Flag for Silent Custodians
Silent Custodians are hold recipients (also known as custodians) that never receive notifications about the hold notice (this assists with internal investigations). The Silent Custodian setting in LegalHold is a global setting that allows hold administrators to enable/disable silent custodians on all hold notices.
This setting is turned off by default.
If the setting is turned on, hold admins will be able to choose certain hold recipients as silent custodians. If selected to be a silent custodian, the recipient(s) would never receive any form of communication for that particular hold. In addition, hold administrators can specify that a person is a silent custodian on his/her person record. This setting cannot be toggled off at the hold level. If the toggle is enabled, the person will be a silent custodian for all holds.
- If a silent custodian is attached to a hold and the hold is sent, you can change the silent custodian an active custodian by removing the silent custodian flag, editing the notice and sending it out
- If a hold is sent without silent custodians, you can change one of those custodians to a silent custodian. When that is done, the hold is removed from that custodians portal and they are designated as silent custodians on the active holds bucket.
- If a silent custodian is designated at the person level, you cannot change the person to an active recipient for a hold.
Set the Flag for to Disable Hold Creation
If your LegalHold site is integrated with a matter management system, an administrator can enable this setting so that legal holds are only created via the matter management system and synchronized with the LegalHold system. This setting ensures data integrity from the system of record for matters.
Set Date and Time Zone Formats
LegalHold can specify all dates and time in the default dd-mm-yyyy format and Central Standard Time (CST), or a system administrator can configure the application to use a different date format and/or time zone for all dates/times throughout the application.