Give TeamConnect Users Access to LegalHold
To What Do Users Have Access?
"Giving users permission to LegalHold" simply means adding them to one of the LegalHold security groups within TeamConnect. If added to the Legal Hold Administrator group, users will have administrative access within LegalHold. If added to the Legal Hold Users group, users will have the ability to create and manage holds within TeamConnect and LegalHold.
Important: Users who are a part of the Legal Hold User group AND who have access to a matter will have access to the LegalHold tab within a matter.
Those who are not a part of this group and do not have access to a matter in TeamConnect will not be able to access the LegalHold functionality for a matter.
Prerequisites for Giving Users Access to LegalHold
This only applies to clients who use TeamConnect AND LegalHold. This does not apply to those who use LegalHold as a standalone application.
You must be a TeamConnect administrator, and must be in the Legal Hold Administrator security group in order to give other users access to the LegalHold functionality in TeamConnect.
Give Users Access to LegalHold from TeamConnect
Any users who are in the LegalHold User group will have access to the Legal Hold tab for the matters to which they have access.
- Log in to TeamConnect and navigate to the Admin page.
- Select All Users from the left sidebar menu, then select the user you want to edit. Hover over a user's name to quickly view the groups to which they belong.
- Select the Group Membership option in the left sidebar menu.
- Select the Add New Item button.
- Use the dropdown menu to select Legal Hold Application Administrators.
- Select Save & Close when finished.