Typically, these numbers are auto-generated based on settings in the Administration module. Therefore, this is a 2-step process, the first being re-numbering the matter and then re-setting the number sequence. The following guidelines are general in nature and provided to give you a general overview of the process. IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED THAT YOU PERFORM THIS ON YOUR OWN. PLEASE CONSULT WITH A SUPPORT ENGINEER BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE.
• Retrieve the matter
• Select the Edit\Close link on the right side
• Now select Edit Main Information
• Change the matter number from the wrong one to the correct number
• Select Finish
Now we need to reset the number sequence. Select My Lawtrac \ Application Administration \ Matter Maintenance \ Matter Numbers
• Select the Edit option for old matter number, above
• Decrease the number by 1, and press Save
• Use the browser’s Refresh button and then navigate back to My Lawtrac \ Application Administration \ Matter Maintenance \ Matter Numbers to confirm that the matter number has been successfully changed.