View the Default Currency for Timekeepers
View the Currency for a Timekeeper
- Select the Clients tab. The Clients screen opens.
- Click the third icon from the top on the left navigation menu (“Timekeepers”).
- Click "Select Office" to choose the correct Office from the dropdown menu.
- The list of timekeepers assigned to this client displays. The default currency displays under the Currency column.
How is the Timekeeper Currency Assigned
The currency is assigned based upon the client's system.
To check which type of client you are working with, check the Clients > Settings. To do so, click “Clients” tab, select your client, click the “Settings” icon.
Clients > Settings page below showing the Client Type "CSM"
If you are working with a client that uses CSM/TeamConnect
For an existing Timekeeper, the Currency on the Timekeeper page is assigned by the client in TeamConnect. Contact your client if you need to update the currency for a specific timekeeper(s).
For a new Timekeeper, the currency on the Add Timekeeper Rates or Timekeeper with Rates page will default to the Admin > Offices > Click on the Office Name > Office Settings: Billing Currency.
If you are working with a client that uses Lawtrac
- The Currency on the Timekeeper page is assigned at the time you assign the timekeeper to the Lawtrac client and will match the Admin > Offices > Click on the Office Name > Office Settings: Billing Currency. You may need to consult with your client regarding the currency. Contact Collaborati Support if you need assistance.
If you are working with a client that uses eCounsel
The Currency on the Timekeeper page is irrelevant. eCounsel clients do not accept Rate Requests.
Can Timekeepers have more than one currency
Collaborati allows for one "currency" per timekeeper but this currency is tied to a client and an Office. You can view that "currency" on the client's timekeeper authorization page. However, if there is more than one office for a timekeeper, that allows for an option.
Here is a simple example, if Joe and Jane work in the "London" office and Jane works in the "Paris" office:
Joe could have a currency for the London office of GBP.
Jane could have a currency for the London office of GBP.
Jane could have a currency for the Paris office of EUR.
Joe and Jane could have one currency for Client A and a different currency for Client B.
For existing timekeepers, the Currency on the Rate Request line item will default to the currency on the Clients > Timekeepers page. If you are uploading a file with Rates, the Currency in the file must match this information.