After completing this how-to you will be able to use the command-line DMT feature of TeamConnect to install a module
The Design Migration Tool (DMT) can be used to apply a solution design to TeamConnect. The DMT can be used to apply some (but not all) patches and upgrades, as well as recover saved design snapshots.
There are two versions of the DMT:
(1) The first version of the DMT is deployed as part of the TeamConnect web application itself. The binaries for this version of the DMT are included in the TeamConnect WAR/EAR files. It is not directly exposed to a Web user; however, it is what powers one-click installs through the Available Updates block on the Admin > Admin Settings > About page. It also is the foundation of the Design Import and Design Snapshot administrator tools.
(2) The second version of the DMT can be run from the command line interface (CLI) of any Windows workstation or server that has access to the TeamConnect database. It is created when you run the TeamConnect installer (setup.exe) and lives in this subdirectory:
This knowledge-base article deals specifically with this second version of the DMT, particularly in the context of importing a design (the DMT can also be used to export designs).
You will need to have a Java Development Kit (version 1.6 or higher) installed on your workstation before continuing.
To use the DMT from your Windows CLI (cmd.exe):
1. Locate the tool on your workstation. As noted above, it should be located in a subdirectory inside the path where your TeamConnect installables are located. For example, if you ran the TeamConnect 3.3 SP2 installer (setup.exe) and specified:
as your install path, then the DMT tool will most likely be located at:
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\TeamConnect\TeamConnect Enterprise 3.3 SP2\utilities\install\dmt\
2. You will need to obtain an appropriate type-4 JDBC driver for your database type. For example, if you are using SQL Server, you will need to obtain a file called sqljdbc4.jar from Microsoft. Once you have obtained this file, copy it into the following directory (relative to your TeamConnect install path; see above):
3. You will need to obtain an encrypted password string for your database server before you continue. You can use the encrypt.jar utility included in TeamConnect at this location:
To run the encrypt.jar utility, run this from your command-line interface:
java -jar encrypt.jar YourDatabasePassword_inClearText
For example, if your database password is LoremIpsum, you would run this command:
java -jar encrypt.jar LoremIpsum
which would return the following encrypted password string:
Once you have obtained an encrypted password string, keep it on-hand.
4. You will need to obtain the appropriate design for your patch, upgrade, etc. from Mitratech if you do not already have it in-hand. The
5. You will need to edit this file:
Please note these guidelines:
a. For db.product, enter ORACLE or SQLSERVER.
b. For db.server, enter host:port:SID if you are using Oracle (e.g. db.mydomain.com:1521:mydb). Enter host:port if you are using Microsoft SQL Server (e.g. db.mydomain.com:1433).
c. For db.databaseName, enter the database name (if using SQL Server). You may leave this blank if you are using an Oracle database.
d. For username, enter the appropriate database username in clear-text. In Oracle, this is usually the schema owner; in SQL Server this is generally a user account with appropriate privileges.
e. For password, enter the encrypted password string generated previously.
f. For diff.directory, enter the path to the directory that contains the design changes to be applied (often, but not always, named "importDesign"). Note that in a Windows environment you will need to use double-forward slashes. For example:
6. From the command line interface, run:
The output from the DMT tool will be displayed in your command-line window. If you see any errors, it is recommended that you review the logs located in this directory:
7. Once the DMT has run to completion without errors, verify that the design has been applied correctly in TeamConnect. A restart of your TeamConnect application is recommended.