TeamConnect SSL Library Removal
TeamConnect version 4.0.10 and below includes a library to supplement SSL / TLS functions within the application which is incompatible with a pending security update that needs to be made to Collaborati to improve the security for both our law firm and corporate clients.
The below modification to your on-premise TeamConnect deployment should be made before the security update is implemented. By not making the modification, there is risk that your on-premise TeamConnect application will not be able to communicate with Collaborati.
The steps provided in this document will allow for continued access to Collaborati via CSM Sync.
- Stop your application server.
- Backup your war file for TCE 4.x into a separate folder.
An example file path on Microsoft Windows is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitratech\TeamConnect Enterprise 4.0\programs\teamconnect\TeamConnect-4.0.war
- Open war file using Total Commander or 7zip open archive.
- Then go to WEB-INF.
- Click on lib folder.
- Delete the two jar files: bcprov-jdkxx-xxx.jar, bcprov-jdkxx-x.xx.jar
- Copy modified war and replace old war file in its original path.
- Redeploy the WAR file in your application server.
- Start your application server and login to TeamConnect.
- Navigate to CSM Settings and verify the URL matches - https://fulldata.test.collaborati.com/collaboratistage/remoting/RemoteService1-httpinvoker
- Edit CSM Settings and change the URL to - https://fulldata-ssl-collaborati.cmo-compliance.com/collaboratistage/remoting/RemoteService1-httpinvoker
- Save CSM Settings
- Validate CSM connection by clicking "Test Connection" and note the response message
- Once the connection has been validated, revert back the URL to - https://fulldata.test.collaborati.com/collaboratistage/remoting/RemoteService1-httpinvoker using Step 2 and Step 3
- If any problems or errors show, please send an email to email@example.com which includes the error you received.