Before installing Screen Designer 5.2, ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- TeamConnect Enterprise Version 5.2+
- Java 1.8 or later
- Screen Designer runs on versions of Microsoft Windows that support Java 8
Note: Screen Designer is not compatible with Apple operating systems.
Screen Designer is available for download from the Available Updates section of the About page in TeamConnect Enterprise. You must have admin user rights to access this page.
To launch Screen Designer
- Log in to TeamConnect Enterprise as a user with admin rights.
- Click on the All button and select Admin Settings.
- In the left pane, click the About link.
The About page opens.
- Click the Show updates available for installed products button.
The page displays the modules and versions that are available for your TeamConnect instance.
- Locate the TeamConnect Screen Designer line. Click the download link for your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) to download the Screen Designer zip file.
- After the Screen Designer zip file finishes downloading, extract it to your desired location.
You will need full user rights to the directory to which you extract Screen Designer. For example, if you extract Screen Designer to an administrator directory, then you will need to run Screen Designer as a Windows administrator user.
- Open the contained eclipse.exe executable file. Screen Designer will launch.
After installing and running Screen Designer from the eclipse.exe file, you will need to enter the login and instance information.
Profile: If you have saved a login by clicking the Save Profile check-box before, you can select that named profile here. The User Name and Instance URL fields will autocomplete. The password will still need to be re-entered.
User Name: Enter your login name for your TeamConnect instance.
Password: Enter your password for your TeamConnect instance.
Instance URL: Enter the base URL for your TeamConnect instance. After entering in the instance URL, add "/webservice/rest/" to the end of the URL, not including the /login appender.
For example, if the URL for your TeamConnect is:
Your TeamConnect URL for Screen Designer will be:
Save Profile: Check this box to save the User Name and URL to a profile. You will be prompted to enter a unique profile name before saving the profile.