Creating Tasks for Deadlines
This guide outlines the information how to create tasks for Deadlines associated with the matter.
Create tasks for deadlines associated with the matter so that you have a reminder of the tasks to complete for the deadlines. These tasks will automatically be flagged as generated from Deadlines for easier searching and reporting.
To create tasks for deadlines
- From the Deadlines page, specify which deadlines you want to create tasks for by selecting the check-boxes to the left of the deadline. You can select all deadlines by clicking the first check-box.
- Click the Create Tasks button.
- From the Create Task popup, select an Assignee for the task. The option will default to the primary assignee on the matter.
Create Task Popup
- Click Submit.
After you create a task, the icon appears in the Created Events field of the table of deadlines to indicate that a task created. If the icon does not appear, refresh your browser.
To create tasks for a deadline, you must create them from the Deadlines page of the matter. You cannot create them from the Calendar tab.
To update a task for a deadline
- From the row with the deadline, click the icon.
- Click Edit to edit the task. See Creating or Editing Tasks for more information about editing a task.