If a matter is registered, you can use the Deadlines page to create a table of deadlines for trigger events. A trigger event is an event associated with the matter. You specify trigger events on the Select Event page when you create deadlines. Each trigger date has a main deadline, but it also has other deadlines for events leading up to or after the trigger event. After you create deadlines, you can create appointments and tasks to keep track of those deadlines.
Registering a Matter
To associate court deadlines with a matter, you must register the matter.
Note: You must have the rights to register and unregister a matter. Contact the system administrator for these rights.
To register a matter
- Open a matter.
- Click Deadlines in the left pane.
- From the Deadlines page, click Register Matter.
- When the Create Case box appears, specify a jurisdiction on the Jurisdiction page in one of the following ways:
- Click a Recent Jurisdiction to select it.
- Enter a search term in the Search All Jurisdictions field to select a jurisdiction from a list of search results.
After you click a jurisdiction, you continue to the next page.
- From the Exclusions page, place check-marks in each group of deadlines that do not apply to your case. If you exclude a group, those deadlines do not appear in the list when you are creating deadlines.
If you want to include all deadline types, you do not need to place a check-mark in any of the check-boxes.
- Click Next.
- From the Confirmation page, review the case information.
- Click Submit.
Note: If you close a matter, you must unregister the matter. If you do not unregister, the matter is still on Aderant's servers and you are responsible for paying for the registered matter.
To unregister a matter
From the Settings page, click Unregister Matter. Unregistering a matter deletes all the information about the deadlines from TeamConnect. If you register the matter again, you must create the deadlines again.