Data Warehouse Structure
This appendix provides the system and custom object table definitions that reflect a de-normalization of the standard relational TeamConnect table structure. These denormalized tables will make it easier and faster to report TeamConnect data. Many of the tables contain pertinent information from other tables within the TeamConnect design, thus eliminating the need to join several tables together for reporting purposes.
Note: Every table described in this chapter exists in the "target" Data Warehouse database, with one exception: Table WH_REMOVED_RECORDS exists in the "source" database.
The Data Warehouse structure consists of the following types of tables and views:
- System Object field tables—Store system field information for system objects. See System Object Table Definitions.
- Custom Object field tables—Store system field information for custom objects. See Custom Object Table Definitions.
- Consolidated tables—Combine information from many separate object types. See Consolidated Tables.
- Custom field tables—Store custom field information. See Custom Field Tables and Views.
- Helper tables in source and target—Used by Kettle for the data loading process. See Helper Table Definitions.
- System tables—Implement the optional security and user access feature. See System Table Definitions.
- Category tables—Simplify the category "tree" relationships. See Categories, Currencies, and Lookup Tables.