Creating and Configuring an On-Demand Tab
Custom, or on-demand, tabs can be added easily to any module to meet your organization’s needs. User-defined fields can be added to these and the default tabs.
To Create and Configure Access to a Custom Tab:
- Add a new tab to a module
- Create any corporate-wide user-defined fields to be placed on the tab (see page 52).
- For matter and entity types, set access to the tab using type profiles (see page 84). You also can configure access to a field using type profiles through the Modules/Tabs
window (see page 39).
- For users assigned to a group, set access to the tab and fields on the tab using view profiles (see page 98).
Other methods to configure access to a field using view profiles include:
- customizing the field from the User Fields window (see page 52).
- configuring access to the tab (see page 35).
- configuring access to a field for the tab (see page 39).