If I customize a template, will it permanently overwrite the original template?
Yes. It’s best practice to create a copy before you modify your templates. Once you have made your desired edits, be sure to save the new template using specific and consistent naming conventions to allow for easier viewing and use of your templates.
I don’t see anything in the reports tab under documents, how do I find the templates?
The templates need to be imported in Suite Manager. To do so,
- Open Suite Manager
- Select ‘Template Import’ in the ‘Tools and Utilities’ row
- Choose the location where the templates are stored.
- If you aren’t sure where the templates are stored, reach out to your IT department or submit a ticket to support.
- Check the appropriate box for ‘Secretariat’
- Click ‘Find Templates’
- Choose the templates you’d like to import, then import the templates.
- Refresh your server settings, in the ‘System Settings’ tab of Suite Manager.
- Users will need to log out and log back in to update their settings.
Can everyone in the system modify and execute templates?
Any user with the ability to run reports can execute templates in Secretariat. However, the ability to modify templates requires HotDocs developer to be installed on the user’s workstation. SuperViewer are able to see documents