The Reports module provides a way to create reports and generate documents incorporating information from Secretariat. Some of the documents available also are available from certain tabs. These tab-specific documents generate documents based on information available to that tab.
Documents generated using Mitratech’s hosted HotDocs Server must be saved to the Notes/History or Notes/History/Charts tab in order to retain a permanent copy. The generated documents directory on the hosted HotDocs Server is purged daily.
To Generate a Document from a Tab:
- On the tab, click the Reports button.
- Click on the Documents tab.
- Select a report from the Tab-specific Documents list.
- Click Run.
- Follow the steps below.
To Generate a Document:
- On the Reports List page, click Documents.
- Select the appropriate document and click the Run button.
- Depending on the type of document selected, you may be prompted to specify the entity or person. Select the check box(es) of the appropriate entity (or person) and click Continue.
- Select the document(s) to be prepared, and click Prepare to generate the documents.
- Depending on the type of document selected, you may be prompted to specify parameters. Click Continue to advance through the screens.
- When the process is complete, HotDocs will review the document for missing information. If data was found for every variable, click the Finish button to close the window.
If data was not found for every variable, you will be prompted to complete the information. Click the Finish button when you are done. You will then be prompted to save the information entered as an answer file. It is recommended that the changes not be saved; the database will not be affected.
- Select a document and click the Save button on the Document Assembly Wizard screen to save the document(s) to the appropriate Notes/History/Charts tab of the specified entity.
- On the Notes/History/Charts dialog box for the entity, complete the fields as needed. Select the Exclude from Reports/SuperViewer checkbox to keep this document from appearing in reports generated in Secretariat. Click Save.
- Click OK on the message box informing you that the document(s) has been saved.