- Document Vault is now powered by M-Files 2018.
- Using the new Pinned tab In the Mitratech Document Vault Desktop Client, users can now customize a list of matters. From the Documents by Matter by Class filtered list, right-click a matter name and select Pin. Double-click the matter in the Pinned tab to see a list of all documents organized in folders by class.
- On-premise installations can now modify default Document Vault refresh times using the Windows Registry (for M-Files Web client only).
- Users can now specify a document major and minor version manually by modifying the metadata.
- M-Files security fails when Person association is removed and then re-added to an eCounsel user. For example, if a user with Limited Access is removed as a player on a matter and then re-added as a player on the matter, the matter and its documents do not appear in the Documents view for that user.
Tracking code: MDV-883
- When using the Web Page Container Widget, dragging and dropping an an unzipped folder returns an error, but the document is created. To avoid this issue, use the desktop version or right-click the unzipped folder and select Add to M-Files and select the specific vault.
Tracking code: MDV-922
- In Outlook, right-clicking to add multiple emails with multiple attachments to Document Vault does not populate the metadata.
Workaround: Use drag and-drop to add multiple emails to Document Vault.
Tracking code: 146276, MDV-933
Issue: Refreshing new matters using M-Files Web either directly or indirectly from eCounsel in the Web Page Container widget does not currently work with Document Vault 3.0.
Workaround: Wait for the scheduled refresh. You can configure Windows Registry to change the scheduled refresh time if needed.
Tracking code: MDV-846
- Issue: The Web Page Container widget can only be viewed as a popup.
Workaround: Add a registry setting for M-Files Server to remove X-Frame-Options.
Tracking code: MDV-773
- Issue: Creating an annotation on a file returns a read/write permissions error for the matter.
- Workaround: A file MUST be associated with a matter to which you have write permissions in order to create an annotation.
Tracking code: MDV-844
- Issue: You cannot upload an empty file to M-Files.
Tracking code: MDV-851, AXR-534-32887
- If the user edits the title on the main document, the annotation will not change; the user should manually edit the annotation.
Tracking code: MDV-909
- The Vault is being corrupted when security on a matter is changed, then Matter Name and Matter Number are updated at the same time, and then the Matter Object is refreshed. If this situation occurs, the Administrator can disable the BeforeCheckInChanges event handler to restore the Vault, refresh the object again, and when the Vault is working properly, re-enable the BeforeCheckInChanges. If the BeforeCheckInChanges event handler is not re-enabled, users are able to add documents to a read-only matter.
Tracking code: MDV-570
When uploading documents using the Multiple Documents option, you receive the message, "Access denied. You are not allowed to add, modify, or remove the property 'Matter Number'." If this issue occurs, upload the documents individually using the Single Document option or by clicking the Create button instead of Create All.
Tracking code: MDV-362
If you open the Preview tab and then update the document, the update does not appear on the Preview tab.
Tracking code: MDV-362
- eCounsel can timeout when a user is working in Mitratech Document Vault through the Web Page Container Widget. MDV-363
- When using Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or 11, if the user is not able to drag-and-drop a document into the Web Page Container widget or if the user is not able to type the password login in the Web Page Container widget, the browser needs to be configured.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer 10, press F12, click Document Mode, and select Standard.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, press F12, click Emulation, and change the Document Mode to 10.
Tracking code: MDV-569
- Issue: In Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, when the Web Page Container Widget is configured to display the page within eCounsel, the user cannot drag-and-drop. As a workaround, configure the Web Page Container Widget to display as a pop-up (in a separate window).
Tracking code: MDV-614, M-Files Ticket USQ-303-65868
- Issue: In Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, when the Web Page Container Widget is configured to display the page within eCounsel and the user is not already logged into Document Vault, the user receives a "404 - File or directory not found" error message. To clear this error message, press F5 key or click the Document Vault tab to refresh the page. To prevent this error message, configure the Web Page Container Widget to display in a separate pop-up window outside of eCounsel.
Tracking code: MDV-614, M-Files Ticket JHZ-208-31753
- Issue: In Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, accessing the M-Files Web application or the eCounsel Web Page Container Widget might return a yellow error message stating “Unable to perform certain Java operations”. When this message appears, instead of prompting you to check out when you open an existing document, a dialog box prompts you to open or save a copy of the file. The document is saved as a temporary file on your machine, and the only way to save your changes to the vault is to save it as a new document.
- If you are using an on-premise installation (not hosted by Mitratech), confirm that the Java applet has been enabled on the M-Files Server for M-Files Web. For more information, see the Configuring M-Files Web Access section in the Mitratech Document Vault Installation Guide.
- Make sure that the version of Java on your local machine is up to date.
- When launching Document Vault, if you are being prompted with the “Do you want to run this application?” dialog box, select the Do not show this again checkbox and then click Run to install the M-Files certificate.
- If you are not prompted with the “Do you want to run this application?” dialog box and the M-Files certificate has not already been installed, make sure that your browser and Java are both either 32-bit or 64-bit. They must both be 32-bit, or both be 64-bit. To verify if the certificate has been installed, open the Java Control Panel, click the Security tab, and click the Manage Certificates... button.
- When adding a new document to the vault using the Web client or the Web Page Container widget with HTTPS, the document Type options do not display for the document. To correct this issue, delete the cookies in C:\Users\User_Account\AppData\Local\Temp.
Tracking code: MDV-606
- When a user updates matters in eCounsel, the information is not always synced to Mitratech Document Vault automatically. As a workaround, disable the ServerCore.Hosted_Core.MFEventHandlerBeforeCheckInChanges event handler, run the sync task, then re-enable the event handler.
Tracking code: MDV-731
- The Vault is being corrupted when security on a matter is changed, then Matter Name and Matter Number are updated at the same time, and then the Matter Object is refreshed. If this situation occurs, the Administrator can disable the BeforeCheckInChanges event handler to restore the Vault, refresh the object again, and when the Vault is working properly, re-enable the BeforeCheckInChanges. If the BeforeCheckInChanges event handler is not re-enabled, users are able add documents to a read-only matter.
Tracking code: MDV-570
- When SAML is enabled and a user logs out of the Web Page Container Widget or M-Files Web access, the Web Page Container widget no longer loads M-Files. As a workaround, configure the Web Page Container Widget to display in a separate pop-up window.
Tracking code: MDV-735
- When SAML is enabled, Mitratech Document Vault does not load in the Web Page Container widget or the M-Files Web access if the user account exists only in eCounsel and has not been imported from Active Directory into M-Files. During installation, make sure that the user accounts are imported from AD into M-Files prior to connecting M-Files to eCounsel or creating user accounts in Bridgeway Suite. As a workaround, close the browser, clear the cache, and then access Mitratech Document Vault again.
Tracking code: MDV-738