What is SMTP?
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is an Internet standard that is used in sending and receiving emails.
Can I Edit These Settings?
Yes, this information can be edited as long as you have administrative or IT access.
Configure the SMTP Settings
Only a system administrator or IT admin can access and edit the SMTP settings.
Note: This setting is turned OFF by default. If it remains OFF, Legal Hold will use the hosted Mitratech mail server and all From email addresses will be addressed as "@mitratech.com".
- Begin by logging in with System Admin or IT Admin credentials. Click System Settings then select the SMTP Configuration link.
- Select the Enable SMTP Server Configuration toggle to turn SMTP settings on.
- Select the Enable SSL toggle to use a secure SSL connection when emails are sent from the SMTP server. SSL can only be used if you're using your own SMTP server to send emails from LegalHold.
- Fill in all of the required fields:
- SMTP Server address
- Port (number)
- From and To email addresses
- Username and password are not required fields in the current version of LegalHold, but will eventually be required. These credentials will be the same as the LegalHold login credentials.
- Select Test Connection to test the newly configured settings, or select Save to save the settings.
Once this information is saved, it will auto-populate on the Hold Notices page when creating or editing a hold.