Respond to a Hold
When you have been selected as the recipient of a legal hold, the application will send you an email with information concerning the legal hold and a link to use to respond to the legal hold. You can respond that yes, you have electronic information pertaining to the subject matter; no, you do not have electronic information; or in some cases, maybe (typically meaning that you are not sure if you have electronic information pertaining to the subject matter). Optionally, the hold administrator will attach a questionnaire to aid the hold administrator in determining who has information.
Access the LegalHold Portal
- From the legal hold email sent to you from the application, select the link to the Legal Hold portal.
- On the Legal Hold portal,
- if you have an account, type the password and select Login.
- if you do not have an account, register by typing the password you want to use for the account (your email address is the user).
- Select .Create Account
Where to Find a List of Legal Holds
On the Legal Hold portal, select the My Holds component.
Respond to a Legal Hold
- On the My Active Holds tab of My Holds, click on the Not Yet Responded link for a legal hold.
- On the Notice Response Page tab, select a response: Yes, No, or Unsure (if applicable).
- Select Submit.
Your response to the legal hold will now be updated on the My Active Holds tab of My Holds.
Respond to a Questionnaire
- If the legal hold has a questionnaire based on your response, LegalHold will navigate you to the Questionnaire tab.
- Answer all questions in the questionnaire.
- Select Submit.
Your status for the questionnaire will now be updated on the My Active Holds tab of My Holds.