In this article you will learn how to create document inventory expiry email notification.
Document Inventory items can have an expiry date, when the documents are no longer valid. When creating a Document Inventory Search Template (see “Create Document Inventory Search Template” for an example) it is possible to send email notifications to selected users when a document is about to expire. The Inventory Expiry Notification Settings are used to define the user whose email address is displayed in the From address of the emails, the template used to create the emails and how often the expiry dates are checked and emails are sent.
To configure Document Inventory expiry notification emails, the following configuration steps are required:
- If not already done, complete the SMTP configuration (see “SMTP Configuration” for more information).
- To customise the email, edit the template (see “Document Inventory Email Configuration”).
- Configure the Inventory Expiry Notification Service Configuration (see “Inventory Expiry Notification Settings” for a description of each option).
- Create a Document Inventory Search Template (see “Create Document Inventory Search Template” for an example), ensuring you select one or more users to be notified (see “Expiry Notifications” for more information).
- A notification email will be sent when the document expiry date is approaching and the Expiry Notification Service schedule has begun (see “Inventory Expiry Notification Settings” for more information).