If you have received an error such as this:
CLIENT_MATTER_ID "DISP-000001" is invalid. ID must be client authorized.
this message indicates that a Matter number or ID has been used that does not match or does not exist in the client authorized matter list or there is a typo in the matter ID/Number in the LEDES file.
The CLIENT_MATTER_ID must match the Matter Number stored in Collaborati.
To locate the list of matters for your client, follow these steps:
- Click “Clients” in the top menu bar
- Choose your client
- Click the sixth icon from the top on the left navigation menu ("Matters")
- Click "Select Office" to choose the correct Office from the dropdown menu
1. Click “Matters” in the top menu bar
2. Filter by your client’s name
Note: Make sure to clear out extra information in the Search Filters that could prevent you from finding your matter.
This screen will provide you with a list of the matters that are available for you to invoice your client. If you don't see your matter listed, you will need to contact the client and request them to authorize the matter for your law firm. Contact Support if you need assistance.
When using the Matter Number for the CLIENT_MATTER_ID, ONLY the information in the Matter Number is required (as shown above).