Initiate a Request for Re-Budgeting
When viewing a matter, you can create a new budget request for the matter if the matter meets the following conditions:
- There is no pending budget request for the matter (in the Matter display page, field Open Budget Requests has a value of "No".)
- There are one or more current budgets (with a term ending in the future.)
To create a new budget request
- View the matter for which you will be creating a budget request, as described in How do I view a client-authorized list of matters?
- Click on the Rebudget button. (If you do not see this button, the matter may not be eligible for a new budget request, as explained above.)
- A new page appears with the details of the budget request. The status of the request is "Not Submitted (My Request)". All of the remaining tasks that you do at this point are performed in the same way as the tasks described in How do I edit and submit a budget request? Refer to that section for detailed instructions.