Complete the Client Setup task by clicking the message “Please Complete Setup for <client>” link on the Collaborati Home page, in the Messages section
Below are steps in completing a client set up:
Client setup involves reviewing your client's billing codes and Non-US Tax codes, and optionally associating your firms' codes equivalents, and adding/assigning timekeepers to the client record.
- If you choose to upload LEDES invoices, the application will ask you to enter an internal code for this client. This is the “Client Number” assigned to your client in your Time and Billing Software. Enter one or more internal client codes (separated by a comma) and click Next.
- The application will display client-authorized Task (Fee), Expense and Activity billing codes on the screen (if applicable). Client-authorized Non-US Tax codes will also display.
- If you are submitting LEDES invoices, your Time & Billing system may be using different codes. If this is the case, you can indicate your internal billing code equivalent for each applicable code, for each sub-set. By default, it is assumed that you use client codes in your invoices
With regards to the setup, the Client ID (Internal Client Code) refers to a Client number that may be assigned by your billing software. If you don't have one, simply type the name of your client. Please leave all other codes checked for use. These are authorized by the client and should be selected for use.
Select how you will be adding Timekeepers:
by uploading a list of timekeepers, or
- by entering or assigning individual timekeepers to the client
Your firm must have at least one timekeeper. This would be a person that provides the services to your client. The Display Code and Timekeeper ID can be the same value for a timekeeper, but no two timekeepers should share these values. If you don't already have Timekeeper IDs assigned, the best rule of thumb is to use a person’s initials.
Timekeepers added manually
Choose “Assign existing and/or add new timekeepers” you will enter individual timekeeper information one at a time. Only the highlighted fields are required. After you input timekeeper data, click on “Add” button.
“Additional Timekeeper fields” can be added (some clients may require these fields, refer to your client’s billing guidelines for requirements).
Once all timekeepers have been added individually, click the “Next” button.
Using Timekeeper Global Assign/Unassign checkbox
Firms with multiple Offices:
If using the checkbox, note that by default all the Timekeepers belonging to the assigned Office for the new client are selected.
· Checking this box will assign all Timekeepers across all Offices to this client.
· Unchecking this box will remove all Timekeepers across all Offices from this client.
When choosing to “Upload new timekeepers” you will upload a file of many timekeepers at once using a csv file. The sample file can be downloaded directly from this page. Once the file is ready, it can also be uploaded on the same page.
When ready to upload the file, click on the “Next” button and the file will be uploaded into Collaborati.
When you have finished assigning or uploading your timekeepers, click “Next.”
Verify the summary information listed on the screen. Click “Finish” when you are satisfied with the information.
Clicking on the “Finish” button will send you to a profile verification page.
If you click on the “Clients” tab, you will now see this client appear with a status of “Waiting for Client Authorization”. This means that your timekeepers will need to be authorized by the client. Once authorized, the client status will change to “Active”.
Optionally, you (or other Users) can sign up for email notifications.
Click on the top right link labeled “Notifications”. Click on the type of notifications that you would like to receive.
Choose any notifications you would like to receive and then click “Save”.
Your settings will be saved. Note that each user must setup their own Notifications.