TK ID Not Recognized Error
TK ID Not Recognized Error
There can be two causes for a "TK ID Not Recognized" or "Missing Timekeeper ID" critical exception on invoices.
1. The Timekeeper ID listed in your LEDES file does not match the TK ID/TK Number listed in Acuity.
- To verify, you can check the Timekeeper_ID field in the LEDES file and compare it to the timekeeper ID listed on your timekeeper list on your firm's profile page.
- If there is a mismatch between the IDs, you can either correct in Acuity by editing the timekeeper's profile OR you can edit in your time and billing software to update the value that is being populated in your LEDES file.
- To manually correct in Acuity, go into the draft invoice and edit the line item in question. The value from your LEDES file will display at the top of the dropdown list of timekeepers. Ignore this value and select the second listing of the timekeeper's name further down on the list. Save the edit, then re-audit the invoice exceptions.
- If multiple line items need to be edited, you can delete and reupload the invoice after correcting the mismatched timekeeper IDs as mentioned above. Change the invoice status from "Draft" to "Deleted", then reupload.
2. The timekeeper in question does not exist/did not exist at the time of upload.
- To verify, check your timekeeper list on your firm's profile. If the timekeeper does not exist, you will need to add them and submit their rate for approval before the invoice can be submitted.
- A quick "create timekeeper" icon will display beside the timekeeper's name on the line item. Clicking the icon will open up the Timekeeper Creation window and prepopulate some of the fields for the timekeeper in question.
- For a more detailed walkthrough for submitting a timekeeper, see Managing Timekeepers
- If the timekeeper has been added to Acuity after the invoice was uploaded, you can manually edit the lines to select the correct timekeeper profile. Go into the draft invoice and edit the line item in question. Select the timekeeper's name from the dropdown timekeeper list. Save the edit, then re-audit the invoice exceptions.
- If multiple line items need to be edited, you can delete and reupload the invoice after submitting the timekeeper for approval as mentioned above. Change the invoice status from "Draft" to "Deleted", then reupload.
- Note: Your invoice will remain in Draft status until any new timekeeper rates are approved by the client. Once you receive an alert that your timekeeper rates have been approved, open your Draft invoice and use the "Re Audit Exceptions" button to refresh. Once your timekeeper exceptions are resolved, you can submit the invoice for approval.